The euro symbol (€) is used to represent the euro currency. Euro is the official currency of the Eurozone and some other countries (such as Kosovo and Montenegro).
In today’s article, you’ll learn about all the simple methods you can use to type the Euro Currency Symbol using either Windows or Mac.
You can also use the button below to copy and paste this symbol.
Without any further ado, let’s get to work.
Euro Currency Sign [€] Quick Guide
To type the Euro Currency Symbol on Mac, press [Option] + [Shift] +  on your keyboard. For Windows users, press down the Alt key and type 0128 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
The table below provides a quick information about the Euro Currency Symbol.
|Shortcut for Windows
|[Alt] + 
|Shortcut for Mac
|[Option] + [Shift] + 
|Shortcut for Word
|[Ctrl] + [Alt] + [E]
The above quick guide provides some useful information about the Euro currency Symbol. However, below are other options you can also use to type this symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
The Euro Symbol [€] Alt Code for Windows
The Euro currency Symbol alt code is 0128.
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol using the alt code method:
- Place the insertion pointer where you need to type the symbol.
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Whilst holding on to the Alt key, press the Euro sign alt code (0128) using the numeric keypad.
- Release the Alt key after typing the Alt code to insert the Euro currency Symbol into your Word document.
This is how you may type the Euro Currency Symbol on Windows using the Alt Code method.
How to type Euro Currency Symbol on Mac
The keyboard shortcut to type the Euro Currency Symbol on Mac is [Option] + [Shift] + .
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol on Mac using the keyboard shortcut stated above:
- First of all, place the insertion pointer where you need to type this symbol.
- Simultaneously press and hold the [Option] and the [Shift] key and hit once on the  key.
With this keyboard shortcut, you can type the Euro Currency Symbol anywhere on your Mac computer.
How to insert the Euro Symbol in Word/Excel
The insert symbol dialog box is a library of symbols from where you can insert any symbol into your Word document with just a couple of mouse clicks. Using this dialog, you can insert the Euro Symbol in any of the office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Without any further ado, obey the following instructions to learn how you can insert the Euro symbol in Microsoft Office:
- Launch your Word or Excel or PowerPoint document.
- Click to place the insertion pointer where you wish to insert the symbol.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Symbols category, click on the Symbol drop-down and select More Symbols.
- The Symbol dialog box will appear. In the Subset drop-down list, select Currency Symbols to display symbols in this category which includes the Euro Currency Sign.
- Select the symbol and hit the Insert button. Alternatively, double click on it to insert it into your document.
- Close the dialog.
The symbol will then be inserted exactly where you place the insertion pointer.
These are the steps you may use to insert the Euro Symbols into your Word/Excel document.
Copy and Paste Euro Sign
One of the easiest ways to get any on any PC is to use the copy and paste method. All you have to do is to copy the symbol from somewhere like a web page or the character map for windows users, and head over to where you need the symbol then hit Ctrl+V to paste.
To copy and paste the Euro Currency Sign, select it (€) and press Ctrl+C to copy, switch over to where you need it and press Ctrl+V to paste.
For windows users, obey the following instructions to copy and paste this symbol using the character map dialog.
- Click on the Start button and search for Character Map. Click to open the Character map app in the search results.
- The Character Map dialog will appear. Click on the Advanced view check box to expand the dialog box for more options.
- On the advanced view, type Euro in the Search box at the bottom of the dialog.
- You should now see the Euro Currency Symbol on the character map dialog. Double click on the symbol to select it. Alternatively, click on the Select button.
- After you select the symbol, it’ll appear in the “Chracters to copy:” field, hit on the Copy button to copy.
- Now switch to where ever you wish to insert the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
This is how you may use the Character Map dialog to copy and paste any symbol on Windows PC.
As shown in this article, there are several methods you can use to type or insert the Euro Symbol on your PC or Mac.
My favorite approach on Windows is to use the Alt code method, it’s a lot easier provided you know the alt code for the symbol you wish to type. For Mac users, using the keyboard shortcut is very handy.
If you still want something to be clarified about this symbol, please let me know in the comments section below.