In today’s guide, you will learn how to type the degree symbol in Google Docs on both PC and Mac.
Whether you are using a laptop or a desktop, a Mac or a Windows PC, I’ll show you how to type this symbol on any keyboard using a shortcut, the degree symbol’s Alt code, and other methods.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Quick Help to Type the Degree Symbol in Google Docs
To type the Degree symbol in Google Docs using the Windows keyboard, press and hold the Alt key and type 0176 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key. For Mac users, press Shift + Option + 8 shortcut.
These are the shortcuts you can use to quickly type or insert the degree symbol into any Google Docs document for both Windows and Mac.
The table below has all the shortcuts you need to type this symbol on Windows and Mac.
|Symbol Name||Degree Sign|
|Degree Alt Code in Google Docs||0176|
|Degree Shortcut in Google Docs for Windows||Alt + 0176|
|Degree Shortcut in Google Docs for Mac||Shift + Option + 8|
How To Insert Degree symbol in Google Docs using the ‘Special Characters’ tool (for both Windows and Mac)
One of the easy ways you can use to get the Degree symbol in Google Docs is through the ‘Special Characters’ tool.
The special characters tool allows Google docs users to insert any symbol into documents, including the degree symbol and many other special symbols.
Obey the instructions below to insert the Degree symbol in Google docs using this Special Character’s tool.
- Open the Google docs where you want to insert the degree sign.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
3. The ‘Special Character’ window will Appear. Search for ‘degree’ in the search bar.
4. Alternatively, use the drawing pad below the search bar to draw the symbol you want to insert.
5. After locating the character, simply double-click on it to insert it into your Google docs.
These are the steps you may use to insert the Degree symbol in Google docs.
This process may look tedious for some. That’s why we included shortcuts for all the accented letters.
So, if you happen to use a particular accented letter, all you need to do is take note of the shortcut and use it as and when the need arises.
Copy the Degree symbol and Paste in Google Docs
One of the easiest ways to get the degree symbol into your Google Docs is to copy and paste.
Below is the degree symbol if you want to copy and paste it into your work:
Type Degree Symbol in Google Docs (For Mac Users)
The keyboard shortcut to type the Degree sign in Google docs for Mac is Shift + Option + 8.
To type the degree symbol on Mac using the above keyboard shortcut, first, open your Google Docs and press the Shift and Option keys simultaneously, then press the 8 key once. These hotkeys will insert the degree sign on Mac.
Type degree symbol in Google Docs using Alt Code (For Windows Users)
The easiest way to type the degree symbol in Google Docs on a windows PC keyboard is to use a shortcut.
The keyboard shortcut to type the degree symbol on Windows is Alt + 0176.
To type the degree symbol in Google Docs using this shortcut, obey the following instructions:
- Open your Google Docs.
- Enable Num Lock by pressing the Num Lock key. Use Fn key plus NumLk to turn on Num Lock on laptops without the numeric keypad.
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Then press the degree symbol alt code which is 0176 on the numeric keypad.
- After pressing the alt code, release the Alt key. These steps will help you type the degree sign into your Google Docs.
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, these are the methods you can use to insert or type the degree symbol into any Google document.
Thank you so much for reading our tutorials.