Use the button below to copy and paste the Lenny Face Emoticon.
However, if you are looking for a step-by-step guide on how to type this Emoticon on your keyboard, please read on.
A Lenny Face is an emoticon made up of text symbols and Unicode characters that is designed to describe a mischievous mood.
In today’s article, you’ll learn about all the available steps you can use to type the Lenny Face Emoticon using keyboard shortcuts and Alt codes.
Without any further ado, let’s get to work.
How to Make Lenny Face on Keyboard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
To type the LeLenny Face Emoticon using keyboard shortcuts and Alt codes, obey the following instructions:
NOTE: Please follow the below instructions very carefully and don’t jump a single step to get a perfect Lenny Face emoji. It will teach you how to type each Lenny Face character in the right order.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Place you cursor where you need the Lenny Face.
- Type opening parentheses by pressing Shift + 9.
- Press the space bar once.
- Press Alt + 865 to type ͡ . To do this, simply press down the Alt key and type 865 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
- Use Alt + 0176 or Alt + 248 to type the degree symbol. To do this, simply press down the Alt key whilst you type the degree Alt Code (0176 or 248) using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
- Press the space bar once.
- Use Alt + 860 to type ͜ . To do this, simply press down the Alt key and type 860 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
- Use Alt + 662 to type ʖ. To do this, simply press down the Alt key and type 662 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
- Press the space bar once.
- Once again, press Alt + 865 to type ͡ . To do this, simply press down the Alt key and type 865 using the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
- Use Alt + 0176 or Alt + 248 to type the degree symbol once again.
- Type closing parentheses by pressing Shift + 0
The above quick guide provides some useful instructions to type the LeLenny Face Emoticon.
However, below are other options you can use to make this Emoticon in Microsoft Word.
How to Make Lenny Face in Microsoft Word
You can also make the Lenny Face symbol exclusively in Microsoft Word using your keyboard.
Just like the above instructions, open your Microsoft Word document and follow the steps below, and don’t jump any step please.
- Step 1: Type 0028, then press Alt + X.
- Step 2: Type 0020, then press Alt + X
- Step 3: Type 0361, then press Alt + X
- Step 4: Type 00B0, then press Alt + X
- Step 5: Type 0020, then press Alt + X
- Step 6: Type 035C, then press Alt + X
- Step 7: Type 0296, then press Alt + X
- Step 8: Type 0020, then press Alt + X
- Step 9: Type 0361, then press Alt + X
- Step 10: Type 00B0, then press Alt + X
- Step 11: Type 0029, then press Alt + X
After performing steps 1 to 11, you should be able to make a Lenny Face in Microsoft Word.
Using the Lenny Face Alt Code
Since the Lenny Face is made of several text symbols and characters, there’s no Alt code to type it at once. Instead, you’ll need to use the Alt codes for the various characters that made up this emoticon.
Thus, the below table shows all the characters that made up the LeLenny Face along with their alt code.
|Character Position||Lenny Face Characters||Alt Codes|
|First character||(||Alt + 40|
|Second character||[Space]||Alt + 32|
|Third character||͡||Alt + 865|
|Fourth character||°||Alt + 248|
|Fifth character||[Space]||Alt + 32|
|Sixth character||͜||Alt + 860|
|Seventh character||ʖ||Alt + 662|
|Eighth character||[Space]||Alt + 32|
|Ninth character||͡||Alt + 865|
|Tenth character||°||Alt + 248|
|Eleventh character||)||Alt + 41|
|All Characters||( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)||All the Above|
To use the above Lenny Face characters Alt Codes, you need to type them in the same order they are arranged in the above table.
Note: Some of the character alt codes above will only work in Microsoft Word. So, in order to get the perfect emoticon, it is advised that you use Microsoft Word when typing with these Alt Codes.
Now, obey the instructions below to use these Alt codes to type the Lenny Face on your keyboard:
- Place your insertion pointer where you need to type the Lenny Face Symbol.
- Press and Hold Down the Alt key on your keyboard. Make sure that you are using a keyboard that has the separate numeric keypad. Also make sure to turn on the Num Lock key. You can’t use the Lenny Face Alt codes if your keyboard doesn’t have the numeric keypad.
- Whilst holding the alt key, type the first character Alt code as shown in the above table, then release the Alt key. Once you succeed typing the first character, proceed to type the rest of the characters in the same order it is arranged in the table above.
After completing all the characters, you will have a beautiful emoticon ready for you to copy and paste wherever you want to use it.
How to insert Lenny Face in Word without the Keyboard
The Symbol dialog box is a library of symbols from where you can insert any character into your Word document with just a couple of mouse clicks. Using this dialog, you can insert all the Lenny Face Emoticon characters in any of the office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Note: Using this method, you’ll have to insert each of the LeLenny face characters one after the other, and also, in the right order.
Obey the following instructions to learn how:
- Click to place the insertion pointer at where you wish to insert the Emoticon.
- Go to the Insert tab.
In the Symbols category, click on the Symbol drop-down and select More Symbols.
The Symbol dialog box will appear.
- Near the bottom of the Symbol window, you’ll see the ‘Character code’ text box followed by a drop-down list with the label ‘from’. Select Unicode (hex) from the drop-down list and type the following codes into the Character code text box. For instance, to insert the opening brackets, type 0028 into the box and the symbol will appear selected. When you type a code and the corresponding symbol appear, simply double click on it to insert into your Word document.
Below are the Lenny Face characters Unicode:
|Character Position||Lenny Face Characters||Unicode|
- Close the dialog.
After you insert all the Lenny Face characters, the complete Emoticon will then be inserted exactly where you place the insertion pointer.
These are the steps you may use to insert the Lenny Faces into your Word/Excel document.
Copy and Paste
One of the easiest ways to get any Emoticon on any PC is to use the copy and paste method. All you have to do is to copy the Emoticon from somewhere like a web page or the character map for windows users, and head over to where you need the Emoticon then hit Ctrl+V to paste.
To copy and paste the Lenny Face Emoticon, select it and press Ctrl+C to copy, switch over to where you need it and press Ctrl+V to paste.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can also use the button at the beginning of this post to copy and paste the Lenny Face symbol.
There are several methods you can use to type or make the Lenny Face on your PC or Mac.
The fastest way to insert this Emoticon on Windows is to use the copy and paste method.
Thank you very much for reading this article.