Use the button below to copy and paste the High Voltage/Flash symbol.
However, if you are looking for a step-by-step guide on how to type this symbol on your keyboard using Microsoft Word, please read on.
A High Voltage sign is a type of symbol which indicates a potential hazard, obstacle, or condition requiring special attention.
In today’s article, you’ll learn about all the available methods you can use to type the High Voltage symbol using either Windows or Mac.
Without any further ado, let’s get to work.
Flash Sign [⚡] Quick Guide
To type the High Voltage symbol in Word for Windows, place your cursor at the desired location, type 26A1, and press Alt+X. For Mac, press Option + 26A1 shortcut on your keyboard.
The table below contains a quick information about the High Voltage symbol.
|Symbol Name||High Voltage Sign|
|Shortcut for Windows||26A1, Alt+X|
|Shortcut for Mac||Option + 26A1|
The above quick guide provides some useful information about the High Voltage symbol. However, below are other options you can use to type this symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
The High Voltage/Flash Symbol [⚡] Alt Code
The alt code for High Voltage or Flash Sign is 26A1.
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol using the alt code method:
- Place the insertion pointer where you need the symbol.
- Type the High Voltage sign Alt Code – 26A1
- Then press Alt+X to convert the code into the symbol.
This is how you may type the High Voltage symbol on Windows using the Alt Code method.
How to type Flash symbol on Mac
The keyboard shortcut to type the High Voltage symbol on Mac is Option + 26A1.
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol on Mac using the keyboard shortcut stated above:
- First of all, place the insertion pointer where you need to type this symbol.
- Press and hold the [Option] key and type 26A1.
With this keyboard shortcut, you can type the High Voltage symbol anywhere on your Mac computer.
How to insert High Voltage Symbol in Word/Excel
The insert symbol dialog box is a library of symbols from where you can insert any symbol into your Word document with just a couple of mouse clicks. Using this dialog, you can insert the High Voltage symbol in any of the office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Obey the following instructions to learn how:
- Click to place the insertion pointer at where you wish to insert the symbol.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Symbols category, click on the Symbol drop-down and select More Symbols.
- The Symbol dialog box will appear. Change the to Segoe UI Symbol.
- Type 26A1 in the Character code box. The symbol will appear selected
- Then click the Insert button. Alternatively, double click on it to insert it into your document.
- Close the dialog.
The symbol will then be inserted exactly where you place the insertion pointer.
These are the steps you may use to insert the High Voltages into your Word/Excel document.
Copy and Paste High Voltage Symbol
One of the easiest ways to get any symbol on any PC is to use the copy and paste method.
All you have to do is to copy the symbol from somewhere like a web page or the character map for windows users, and head over to where you need the symbol then hit Ctrl+V to paste.
To copy and paste the Flash Sign, select it and press Ctrl+C to copy, switch over to where you need it and press Ctrl+V to paste.
For windows users, obey the following instructions to copy and paste this symbol using the character map dialog.
- Click on the Start button and search for Character Map.
- The Character Map dialog will appear. Click on the Advanced view check box to expand the dialog box for more options.
- On the advanced view, type High Voltage Sign in the Search for: box.
- You should now see only the High Voltage on the character map dialog. Double click on the symbol to select it. Alternatively, click on the Select button.
- After you select the symbol, hit on the Copy button to copy.
- Now switch to where ever you wish to insert the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
This is how you may use the Character Map dialog to copy and paste any symbol on Windows PC.
There are several methods you can use to type or insert the flash sign on your PC or Mac.
The fastest way to insert this symbol on Windows is to use the Alt code method provided you know the High Voltage Sign alt code. For Mac users, using the keyboard shortcut comes handy.
If you still want something to be clarified about this symbol, please let me know in the comments section below.