FiveM is a popular multiplayer modification for Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) that allows players to create and join custom servers, offering a unique gaming experience. In the world of FiveM, quick and efficient gameplay is key, and that’s where hotkeys come into play.
Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that trigger specific in-game actions or functions, making gameplay smoother and more enjoyable. This post will delve into the world of FiveM game hotkeys, exploring their significance, customization, and role in various gameplay scenarios. Keep reading to learn more.
Here are some of the default hotkeys commonly associated with FiveM:
- F1: Open the Interaction Menu – This menu allows you to access various in-game functions and options, including changing your character’s appearance, spawning vehicles, and more.
- F2: Open Inventory – In some servers, this key opens your character’s inventory, where you can manage items, weapons, and other belongings.
- F3: Open the Phone Menu – Access your in-game phone, which may include features like calling other players, accessing the internet, and sending messages.
- F5: Open the Mod Menu – This menu often allows you to customize various aspects of the game, such as weather, time, and other server-specific settings.
- F7: Open the Billing Menu – In roleplay servers, this menu is used for financial transactions, paying bills, or managing your character’s finances.
- L: Toggle Vehicle Lights – This hotkey toggles the headlights of the vehicle you are driving on and off.
- B: Activate Vehicle Horn – Pressing B activates the horn of the vehicle you are driving, which can be helpful in signaling other players.
- K: Open Vehicle Trunk – In some roleplay servers, pressing K allows you to access a vehicle’s trunk to store or retrieve items.
- X: Surrender – In specific roleplay scenarios or when confronted by law enforcement, pressing X may initiate a surrender animation.
- M: Open Map – This key opens the in-game map, allowing you to view your current location and plan your routes.
- N: Toggle Voice Chat – Pressing N often toggles your microphone for in-game voice chat, facilitating communication with other players.
Note that these hotkeys might change over time with updates to the mod or server-specific configurations.
How to Customize Hotkeys in Fivem
Customizing hotkeys in FiveM is a helpful way to tailor your gaming experience to your preferences. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to customize hotkeys in FiveM.
- Launch FiveM: start FiveM by double-clicking its shortcut.
- Join a server: enter a server of your choice from the list.
- Access settings: press ESC while in-game to open the pause menu.
- Open keybindings: within the pause menu, select Settings, then Keybindings.
- Customize hotkeys: find the action you want to change, click its current keybinding, and input your desired keys.
- Save changes: save your custom keybindings using the Save or Apply button.
- Test hotkeys: ensure your new hotkeys work during gameplay.
- Restart if needed: in some cases, restart FiveM or the server for changes to take effect.
- Adjust as necessary: modify hotkeys in the Keybindings menu as needed.
In the world of FiveM, mastering hotkeys is an essential skill that can significantly enhance your gaming experience. These keyboard shortcuts allow you to perform actions quickly and efficiently, whether navigating the streets of Los Santos, engaging in intense combat, or immersing yourself in roleplay scenarios.
Don’t hesitate to explore and experiment with hotkey customization, as it can lead to improved gameplay and more exciting adventures in the vast world of FiveM. Share your favorite FiveM hotkeys or experiences in the comments or on social media, and let the FiveM community thrive with your insights.