You can use the button above to copy and paste the Micro symbol anywhere you want, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in your browser, on Mac or on Windows.
However, I’ll also show you the step-by-step guide you may use to copy and paste any special character including the Micro sign using the character map.
Related Post: How to type Micro symbol on Word/Excel
Using Character maps to copy and paste the Micro symbol
Character maps are applications that layout different types of symbols or characters. You can use them to type or copy all possible text symbols or special characters, like the Micro sign. Character maps are best used for getting symbols you can’t find on the keyboard.
The Character Map for windows looks like this:
Below instructions will show you how to use the character map to copy and paste the Micro sign anywhere including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Using Windows Character Map
Obey the instructions below:
- Press the Windows key and type “Character Map” in the search field, then press Enter. For Windows XP, click Start, Run and type charmap, then press Enter.
- The Character Map window will appear, scroll down until you see the Micro symbol. Alternatively, at the bottom of the dialog box, place a checkmark on the Advance view checkbox to expand for more options. Then in the Search for: box, type Micro, and press Enter.
- Click the Micro symbol you want to copy and then click the Select button.
- Once the symbol is entered into the “Characters to copy” text box, click the Copy button to copy it to the clipboard.
- Switch back to your Word processing document or where you want to paste the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
Related Post: Using the Micro Symbol Alt code
Get Micro Symbol on Mac
As you can see in the previous section, copying special symbols like the Micro sign is easy in Windows with the use of the Character Map.
Mac OS doesn’t have a similar tool – or rather, it doesn’t have one that’s so easily accessible.
Therefore, you can either use the copy and paste button at the beginning of this article or you can use the Micro symbol shortcut for Mac as stated below:
The shortcut for Micro sign is Option + M