You can use the button above to copy and paste the degree symbol anywhere you want, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, in your browser, on Mac or on Windows.
However, I’ll also show you the step-by-step guide to copy and paste any symbol including the degree sign using the character map.
Related Post: How to type Degree symbol on the Keyboard
Using Character maps to copy and paste the degree symbol
Character maps are applications that layout different types of symbols or characters. You can use them to type or copy all possible text symbols or special characters, like the degree sign. Character maps are best used for getting symbols you can’t find on the keyboard.
The Character Map for windows looks like this:
Below instructions will show you how to use the character map to copy and paste the degree symbol anywhere including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Copy Degree sign on Windows Character Map
Obey the instructions below:
- Press the Windows key and type “Character Map” in the search field, then press Enter. For Windows XP, click Start, Run and type charmap, then press Enter.
- The Character Map window will appear, scroll down until you see the degree sign. Alternatively, at the bottom of the dialog box, place a checkmark on the Advance view checkbox to expand for more options. Then in the Search for: box, type degree sign, and press Enter.
- Click the degree symbol and then click the Select button.
- Once the degree sign is entered into the Characters to copy text box, click the Copy button to copy it to the clipboard.
- Switch back to your Word processing document or where you want to paste the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
Related Post: Using the Degree Symbol Alt code
Get Degree Symbol on Mac
As you can see in the previous section, copying a special symbol like the degree sign is easier on Windows with the use of the Character Map.
Mac OS doesn’t have a similar tool – or rather, it doesn’t have one that’s so easily accessible.
Thus, you can either use the copy and paste button at the beginning of this article or you can use the degree symbol shortcut as stated below:
The shortcut for degree sign is Shift + Option + 8