There are hundreds of special characters and symbols that are not readily available on the keyboard. The easiest way, therefore, to get these special symbols is to copy them from somewhere like a webpage and paste it into your project.
In this article today, I’ll show several options to copy and paste special characters/symbols on any device including Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Without any further ado, let’s begin with some online tools.
Copy and Paste Special Characters Online
As there are offline tools especially on windows that allow you to copy any special character into your project, you can speed up the process using online web applications to copy and paste these symbols for free.
Below are some online tools where you can easily copy any special character you want such as emojis symbols, currency symbols, math symbols, arrow symbols and so on.
This is a very beautiful tool that allows you to copy symbols just by clicking on them.
You can use it to copy and paste special characters on any device such as Mac, Windows, Android or iPhone.
The characters are in category which makes it easy for finding specific symbols.
There’s also a search function that allows you to search for a particular symbol or character from the library of symbols.
There are many more online tools like this. Some of them are listed below:
- Cool Symbols (Link: https://coolsymbol.com/)
- Text Symbols (Link: https://text-symbols.com/)
- PiliaApp (Link: https://www.piliapp.com/symbol/)
- Characterer (Link: http://www.characterer.com/)
- FSymbols (Link: https://fsymbols.com/)
These are some of my recommended sites where you can copy and paste special symbols and characters.
Copy and Paste Symbols on Windows
The Windows character map provides a very beautiful way to copy and paste symbols or special characters.
It’s a library of symbols and characters where you can find and copy any symbol.
It also has a search functionality that allows you to narrow down the symbols you want to copy.
Below are the steps you may take to copy and paste symbols and characters on Windows using the Character map:
- Click Start and Search for Character Map. Click to open the first result.
- The Character Map Dialog box will appear. Click to check the Advance view checkbox for more options.
- On the advanced view, type the name of the symbol you want to copy in the Search box at the bottom of the dialog.
- You should now see the Symbol or character on the character map dialog. Double click on the symbol to select it. Alternatively, click on the Select button.
- After you select the symbol, it’ll appear in the Characters to copy: field, hit on the Copy button to copy.
- Now switch to where ever you wish to insert the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
This is how you may use the Character Map dialog to copy and paste any symbol or special character on Windows PC.
There are several tools (especially online tools) that can help you copy and paste special characters or symbols.
If you are on Windows, the character map tool is also a great way get things done.
For Mac users, the online tools will save the day.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, please let me know in the comments section below.